1. MAC Cosmetics
- The first lipstick made by MAC was called Flamingo and was inspired by a pink Crayola crayon.
- The next 24 lipsticks where inspired by the 24 packs of Crayola crayons.
- Frank Angelo died in 1997
- Estee Lauder Companies bought MAC in 1996
- The MAC AIDS fund has raised over $295,000,000 since 1994
- Viva Glam is a program in which the full purchase price of the product goes to the MAC AIDS fund.
2. LIT Cosmetics
- LIT Cosmetics was featured on Dragons Den and was turned down for an investment.
- LIT is supported by Cirque du Soleil
- They have 400+ varieties of glitter!
- Paraben free, Alcohol free & propylene glycol free
3. Cargo Cosmetics
- Cargo is sold in five countries
- The idea of the brand name came from the vision that makeup is every womens "Cargo"
- The tins that Cargo uses are part of their signature look
- One of their best selling all time products in the Reverse Lip Liner
- The speaker Derek Selby (Cover FX) used to work for QUO.
- QUO teamed up with ORLY nail polish and now carries them in most Shoppers Drug Mart Locations
5. Lise Watier
- Madame Watier was actually a TV star and was known around Quebec as the leading voice on Women's issues.
- In 1968 Madame Watier opened a beauty and charm school
- The Lise Watier foundation is a not for profit company that Madame Watier started in order to help women with self esteem, scholarships, and other areas.
6. Annabelle Cosmetics
- Annabelle cosmetics is sold at over 2000 retail locations across Canada.
- They are a cruelty free brand
- Their eyeliners are the number 1 selling mass eyeliner in Canada
7. Trust Fund Beauty
- Samara's drive behind having non-toxic 5-free polishes, is due to her mother falling ill with Cancer and she wanted her to have something that she could use that wouldn't have harmful chemicals.
- They are looking to expand into other non-toxic cosmetic items in the future.
- They have a monthly colour and collections are released 7 times a year.
8. Cover FX
- Vic Casale (mentioned in my MAC Cosmetics section), left MAC cosmetics and came to Cover FX. He is the leading force behind the generation 2 of Cover FX. He helped to create the formulas to all the new products that you see on the shelves worldwide.
- Derek Selby is the official face and artist for Cover FX
- They feature 25 unique shades and use a undertone gage called P(pink), N(neutral) & G(golden)
- They are Vegan, Gluten Free, Paraben Free, Talc Free, Mineral Oil Free..basically all bad things...they don't have it
- Jouviance carries a product labeled 3 in 1. It is one of the only of it's kind (that I can find), on the market. It can be used as an eye cream, day cream and a night cream. All with extreme anti-aging benefits.
- Jouviance has recently gone in to colour cosmetics and fragrance. These are only featured in Pharmaprix locations (French Shoppers Drug Marts in Quebec).
- They have the only cleanser that I can use on my eczema prone skin, that does not cause irritation.
I hope that some of these stories of cosmetic brands have given you a little inspiration or some Beauty Blogger pride in Canada, because I know that I loved some of these stories and facts.
Thank you to all my fellow CBB's, it is a pleasure to talk and blog with you all!
Most of all Happy (belated) Canada Day!!
Until next time,